It all started...

It all started with a plea from me to Mark to take a cruise.  We have had a very busy, stressful spring and summer and I really wanted a chance to just get away with my love and relax and, well, just breathe deeply.

He agreed and we started looking.

And then I realized, a cruise means a formal night.

I like getting fancied up, but I believe the last time I truly did that was thirteen years ago.  When I got married.  Yeah.

Needless to say, I can't quite fit in to my wedding gown anymore (hips + seven children...got it?).  And I don't think that is the formal they were talking about.

I have a beautiful formal dress but, again, it was from a time ago and I don't have enough time to get back in to it.

The search was on.  The dress was found.  And I ordered it.  I'm not quite at pre-pregnancy weight (for this last baby...the others added on their own weight too, don't worry) so, obviously, it doesn't fit.  I knew this when I purchased it but because our cruise is not for a few months, I know I have some time to go to make it fit.

And now it's on.  The idea that brought the dress that is now bringing the weight loss.

I started, unofficially, last week.  Which means, for four days I did T-tapp with Organs in Place and Half Frogs.  I did not really change my eating habits because I knew that was coming this week.

So, my unofficial start brought 4 1/2 inches off my waist and down a pound.

Today starts 42 Days to Fit.  I'll do three days cardio, two days strength, and then two days T-tapp.  All of that while following along with the suggestions in the book.

I'm looking forward to getting healthier.  Not just because I want to fit in to a dress, but because I know that being healthy will help me to be a better mom and wife.

My first goal is the formal evening gown I purchased.  After that...we'll see.

I'll try and post my progress each Monday.  So, stay tuned.  I'll post before and after pictures after the 42 days are up.

No comments:

Post a Comment