How Do Your Children Grow???

I confess, I never marked my children's heights on a door frame until Zoe was 7.  I know.  Bad mom.   I knew the house we were in wasn't going to be a forever home and I kept wondering how in the world we were going to preserve the kids height markings when we moved.  Then we moved.  And I asked Mark to please figure out how to take the height records with us.  So, being the ever so resourceful engineer, he grabbed an old board and marked the heights.  Fast forward to a few months later and I had a plan how to display the heights (thanks to Pinterest).  

We stained a board, Mark transferred the heights over and Presto!



The verse is from 1 Peter 3:18, "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." I used vinyl lettering to get it on there, pretty like.

And now, we have a board that will follow us wherever we go...marking heights and making memories.  Mark and I have a bit of a fear though.  Josiah seems to be passing up his older (more competitive) brother in height.

No comments:

Post a Comment