A is for Avocado


Because I temporarily lost brain functioning during our move, I decided it was time to introduce Malachi to food. I had packed up our hand blender (okay all blenders for that matter), so I had to squish up the not quite ripe avocado with a fork. Primitive times, I tell ya. 
"Hey Daddy!  I want some "ghetti!" 

"Uh, that doesn't look like what you had."


Any way, it was a fun time had by all and after watching him gnaw on the piece we gave him for over two hours, we decided to wait a week or two (well, almost a month...I had to find that blender first).

So, after being in the house for a week, I decided the rest of the avocados needed to be eaten or thrown out.  With previous babes, I've gone the cereal route first but since our babies tend to thin out around six months or so, I thought the high fat content of the avocado would do his body good.

After thoroughly blending and watering down the avocados, he loved them!  Especially when I started adding things to them like applesauce, bananas, squash, zucchini.

He also likes to help!

If you must know, he loves to have his face washed off and giggles throughout the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment