Let's Try this Again

My book list for 2011 was a great idea, but I admit that I got side tracked and did not read hardly anything on it.  I did read but not that much from my list.  2012 should prove a good year for reading as I will be nursing a wee one and I prefer to do that sitting down and to keep from going to sleep, I usually read.

So, here goes...I present my reading list for 2012.

January:  Large Family Logistics by Kim Brenneman.  I've been oogling over this book since it came out this year and my dear sweet husband purchased it for me for Christmas!  Isn't he amazing!
February:  Deeper Waters by Robert Whitlow.  Mark's mom introduced me to this writer and I downloaded the sample for his book and loved it.  It's suspense, mystery and set in the south, Can a book get any better than that?
March:  Love Your Husband, Love Yourself by Jennifer Flanders.  My sister-in-law got this for me and I've read tidbits but nausea and pregnancy have kept me put off from actually digging in to it.  I can't wait to get started though.  It does prove to be some good insightful reading.
April:  Though Waters Roar by Lynn Austin.  I saw this book in a Christian book circular and thought it looked interesting.  With an author who has a last name Austin, it's got to be good. Okay, so it's spelled different than Jane Austen but it's still pronounced the same.
May:  The Gentle Ways of the Beautiful Woman by Anne Ortlund.  This is a three in one volume so I will probably just read one book.  It's an oldie, but supposed to be a goodie.  Oh, and I got it used for pennies.  Actually paid more for the shipping than the book.
June:  Ten P's in a Pod by Arnold Pent III.  I do believe this has been on my list to read.  I think it will be a fun easy read.
July:  Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell.  Okay, I'll admit, I may need to read this every month.
August:  Duncan's War by Douglas Bond.  A good fiction book to get back into the swing of things with school.  I'm reading it to see if it's appropriate for the kids to read.  No, really, I am.  Okay, it's set in Scotland.  I couldn't resist.
September:  The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer.  My sister got this book for me for Christmas.
October:  No Longer a Slumdog by K.P. Yohannan.  I'm scared to read this book.  I know it will break my heart and turn it even more towards caring for children but I must read it.
November:  Well, that leads me to a book that I purchased that I can't remember the name of nor can I remember where I put it.  Really.  No wait, I found out the name.  It's 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I'll be grateful when I can find it again.  Let me know if you see it.  Well, I've got eleven months to locate it.  Updated to say that I found it. I mentioned to Mark that I had lost it and he produced it, announced he had read two pages and it was too depressing and had put it down.  Yay for me to read.
December:  Given that I didn't do so well getting through my list last year, I might just leave this month open to catch up.

I will say I had one small accomplishment, I read through the Bible this year.  Chronologically.  Which is pretty interesting.  I didn't read it alone.  Zoe and Mark read through too.  My eight year old daughter read through the Bible in one year ya'll!  That'll keep ya accountable if nothing else will!  And honestly, I think just reading the Bible is the more important that all these other books I have listed.  Well, Large Family Logistics runs a close second though.

No comments:

Post a Comment