Happy 2nd Birthday Ceili Rain!

So, yes, we celebrated Ceili Rain's birthday this month.  I still don't think she had a clue what was going on.  But now she associates things with her "biffday."  You know, important things....chocolate cake, chocolate icing, ice cream, presents.  She's going to have a tough time when we get to others birthdays and she's not opening presents.  But she did have a wonderful day.  No massive party.  I've learned now, to save those for when they ask for them!

I'd like to say that after my elephant fondant success that I ventured in to ladybugs and made the cake topper.  But that would be a lie and I try my best not to lie.  But, I did find it at an extremely reasonable price on Etsy at a great shop by KidsCakes.  I ordered it about three weeks in advance and it got here the day before her birthday!  The owner was amazing to work with and customized the colors to match the plates and napkins I had bought (on sale mind you).  Ceili Rain loved it.  We used the leftover polka dots from Tracy's shower to finish off the decorating.  Zoe and Ceili Rain did those.

I have my eye on some adorable robot designs for Bryant's first birthday!  I love that you can get their name on there....and she even fit Ceili Rain on her topper!

That'd be a chocolate cake with chocolate icing for our chocolate lovin' princess.  And guess what...she only ate a little bit of it!  That's alright...more for me.  It's justified...I did all the work to get her here.


Okay,s o she had a little pre-party taste testing for the icing.  That may have contributed to the no-need-for-awesome-chocolate-cake time.


Chefs in training!
Check out the waves in the hair!  Yep they're back.  I'm not at a spritz, gel, and scrunch method.  It's wavy and a little curly and it works (no, I'm not pregnant).

 Blow out the candles!

And open gifts!






Happy Second Birthday to our littlest princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment