Bryant Update 38 Weeks

We're literally climbing the walls waiting on Bryant!

Okay, maybe not really...but I just thought this would be a fun picture to start out this post.

I guess, as my work part winds down, I am getting a bit ready to meet our newest guy.  Still trying not to jump ahead where we're all just twiddling our thumbs waiting.  However, if he decides to wait until my actual due date or beyond, we should be good as the kids (and me) have surprise visitors arriving that week for a brief visit!

I went to the doctor today and am at a grand total of 1 cm dilated!  Doesn't mean much really.  Dr. J saw my tummy as well as nurse D and they both wanted to know if I was itching.  I pointed to once spot on my belly and explained that those red marks were not PUPPS but actually a burn from boiling water that I spilled on my shirt.  They laughed.  It wasn't funny at the time, rest assured.  Anyway, apparently the rest of the my belly looks rather PUPP(ish) because Dr. J was checking to make sure my arms were not covered in the fun and itchy pregnancy rash.  However, somebody has been praying because the rash may look bad on my tummy (I can't tell because I can't see it) but it's not bothering me.  I'll have an occasional itch if material rubs up against my belly or if I wear a belly band all day (a band that's a little tighter on the belly to help keep us low carrying gals from showing off our overly stretched marked bellies).  But, it's never horrible...not like with Josiah.  I'm thanking God every day that I don't have to spend the whole day scratching my belly!  Dr. J reiterated that if it gets worse he'll have to induce.  I know that, but for now, we're good.  I can sleep.  I don't need any drugs or herbs to help.  Anyway, Dr. J and D were both surprised that it's not bothering me and that I'm not having to take anything for it.

I've noticed a bit of a change with Mr. Bryant in that, well, this is embarrassing but I'm going to be honest...I have to go to the bathroom like ten times in an hour!  And he's resting comfortably low.  I wasn't going to say that he "dropped," (moved down into birthing position) because I didn't want to get my hopes up.  So, I waited for the professional's opinion!  Dr. J (the professional) said that last week he couldn't feel Bryant's head...but he could this time!  Woohoo!  I told him that was good because it felt like he was sitting in my lap.  Dr. J laughed and said that women like me scare him.  I think that's because I'm not moaning begging to let this little one out and complaining...nothing, again to complain about.  I'm uncomfortable, but I've been through this before so it's not really that bad.  I know it'll pass soon enough and I'll hold my little one in my arms and get to sleep comfortably again (every two to three hours but at least it will be comfortable).

Dr. J still contends that when labor does start, it shouldn't take long because my body's done this so many times.  I think that's funny because he's told me that the past few times and those have been the longest labors...but they were also induced ones.  Keep praying that this will be different...and that I can go into labor on my own!  I'm still willing to wait a few more weeks for this little man to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment