Bryant Update almost 37 weeks

Bryant continues to grow great.  I had an ultrasound done this week and he is around 6 lbs 12 oz.  Gaining about a 1/2 pound a week puts him right at 8 1/2 pounds which is average for me (and just fine...any smaller and I'd be afraid I'd drop him).  We're now at a waiting stage.  Dr. J gave me the approval to use a couple of herbal supplements to prep my body for before, during, and after labor. 

I also have noticed a little bit of itchiness on my belly and a few red spots that won't go away.  It's not at a point where I'm scratching all the time but it's enough that I want to try and head it off before it gets worse, so after doing some research I asked Dr. J about trying a couple of herbal supplements to help with that.  He trusted my judgment and research and said I could try them.  However, if this is hormonal related, then the supplements probably won't work (as they are work with liver issues...which is another possible PUPPS cause). 

I'm actually just now starting to get uncomfortable but mostly when I have a contraction.  Dr. J couldn't believe I didn't have anything to complain about.  I just laughed.  It is what it is and the only way to change that is to deliver the baby and the baby needs to "cook" for a little longer.  No reason to complain about something that can't be changed right now.  So, we wait and pray.  I've got enough to do to keep me busy and get ready for Mr. Bryant's arrival!

So, we're in the ultrasound and Liam hops up on the chair beside me.  He looked concerned and said, "I just want you to be alright mommy."  I reassured him that nothing that was taking place to hurt me and that we were just going to check on Bryant.  He seemed reassured and started laughing at the u/s goo.  He then spent the whole time leaning over my head so he could get a better view of Bryant.  He was so sweet hugging my head and staring at the screen. 

As we took Josiah to his "party" for his birthday, Liam asked me if I had more jelly for my belly. 

I told him no and asked if he wanted a jelly belly.

"No,"  he said "Not until I'm grown up big and have a baby in my belly."

I believe that escalated into stating that aliens don't have babies but I'm not sure where that came from.

2 comments:

  1. my friend had horrible pupps, and i believe she took dandelion??? I could ask her for what worked if you want. I know she found something... I'm glad it's not bad yet for ya and maybe won't get there. you're getting close!!! email me if you want me to get some info from her--emijoh 98 at gmail dot com. YAY for you guys though!! Yesterday was my due date for Ryan last year, so I'm remembering that time and what it was like.... hmm... :) Emily J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! Actually, Dandelion root was what I was going to try. We'll see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete