Dr. J asked, as he always does, what the plan was. I told him I guess we would schedule the induction for late next week if she doesn't come before then. He agreed. He said that since she is big it does add some risk to a vbac but because I have had big babies before he didn't see that as a major cause for concern. I asked him if we should induce earlier and he didn't seem to feel that would change much of anything so he just asked for me to come back early next week.
When I looked at statistics/evidence (what small amount that is available), the risks only increase by about .3 to .5 percent. Since Dr. J is still letting me call the shots, he is not really too concerned about problems with our delivery even with an induction. My body is favorable for an induction if that is necessary.
I'm not going to lie. This waiting has been tough mentally and is now becoming tough physically. Adding all that together with other emotional events, I had to have "the ugly cry" today. My heart's desire is to be able to go into labor with out drugs but our main desire is to have a healthy baby and mom in the end. After crying and praying and talking with Kristina (such a blessing to have a best friend who is an L&D nurse and very willing to hash out the professional as well as emotional side of things with me), we still feel like the Lord wants us to wait on Him.
And then we read through our Bible reading today and it's in Psalms. And David several times admonishes the reader to "wait on the Lord." The ones we read even talk of His power and Sovereignty of His creation that He made! Needless to say, my heart was full with the comfort only found in His word as it reminded me of who was in control.
I know you are all praying for us. Pray as we wait and pray that the waiting will end soon and we can all meet this blessing!
Several weeks ago we met a sweet couple at the doctor's office who were expecting their 7th baby. She had placenta previa at 20 weeks and was about to find out if it had moved to allow for a regular birth again. This was the same time we were there to find out if Emmie was head down. It was a blessing to talk to them (they also home school and are Christians). They were such a sweet couple and the Lord allowed us to see them after both of our appointments. They found out Emmie was head down and we found out they were able to go ahead without a c-section. Yesterday, as we waited forever to see Dr. J we learned that he was delayed because he was delivering a patient who was having her 7th...I told our nurse that we knew who it was and how excited we were for them. Dr. J thought it was funny that had met as well.
Then, in the waiting yesterday, we met another couple who was expecting their 7th. Her children were spaced quite a bit out with her oldest at 16 and her youngest at 5 but it was neat to see other couples and families with more than a few children and all under Dr. J's care :)
By the way, one of the chapters we read was Psalm 33. Such a testimony of God's love for us.