Could this be it?

Earlier this morning:  Woke up this morning to CeiRai crying about 2:30 am.  Soothed her back to sleep and made my customary trip to the bathroom.  When I tried to go back to sleep I had a really strong contraction...then another...I decided if I had two more, I'd get up and sit on the exercise ball which is way more comfy than laying down.  It's 3:45 and contractions are about 5 minutes apart and 45 seconds to one minute long.  Could this be it?

10:00 am update:  It's not entirely it...but we're getting closer!  Around 4 or so, they fizzled out to 10 minutes apart but haven't stopped.  That's a good thing.  I tried to go to bed at 4:45 but a few minutes after Mark hopped in the shower at 5, Bryant got up.  So I rocked him and breathed and rocked him and texted my best friend who was up pretty close to six.  I put Bryant down at 6:30 and headed to take a shower.  I was finally able to grab a quick cat-nap on the couch.  Until the Distructo Duo came to let me know they were awake...that took about 5 to 10 minutes.

Thus began our day.  There are a few more indications that labor may come closer than Friday.  May being the key word.  You never can tell with labor pains.

As I told one of my dear friends...I really hope this is the real deal and soon because I don't want to pull any more all-nighters until after he gets here!

AFTERNOON UPDATE:  My contractions are very strong but not anywhere close.  I liken them to early labor contractions...bearable but not worth getting all excited over.  I feel a bit funky and like he's actually gotten lower (praying that's so).  So, we're still at home for now.  Mark, my knight in shining armor, came home early and whisked the kids away so I could sleep. I got a solid hour in and true to my daytime napping, once I'm awake, I'm awake.  Looks like an early bedtime tonight!

1 comment: