However, I had an idea. I thought it would be fun to dispel, or bring to light some of the myths that come along with having a large family and homeschooling. Now, keep in mind, I don't consider myself an expert nor do I feel we have a large family. But, apparently, by today's standards we do. And along with a "not your average size family" comes a lot of comments that make me think people have some crazy ideas about what it means to be a mom of a large family.
So, fire away. What do you want to know? What do you think or what have you heard about what it's like to be in a large family?
If you don't ask, I'm going to come up with my own ideas! Like:
- It takes a special kind of patience to be a mom to many kids.
- You are a saint!
- You must be really organized.
- What about socialization in homeschooling?
- Don't you know what causes that?
- How can you afford all those kids?
- You must have a big house. (And when I say I don't) Well, how do you fit all those kids in there.
And we'll call this new series: The Bunch Myths-Busted.
Oh, I can't wait to see what you have in store for me (or else I'll bore you with my own commentary).