Keep Your Mouth Shut!

Life is never dull around here.

Case in point:  We're in the throes of the stomach bug around here (or, hopefully, the end of it) as Ace decided to release his stomach contents this morning.  On top of that, we're also in packing mode...yep our bunch is hitting the road again.  So, as you can imagine, our days have been pretty busy and today was no exception.  At one point, Bryant was fussy, I was trying to make lunch and things were piled up everywhere.  Liam walked into the kitchen with his metal toy cars (like the Hot Wheels) and proceed to do a Liam thing which is never stay still.  He bopped his mouth with the car and then, in Liam fashion, started to wail and moan.  He typically does this over little things, stubbing toes, getting bumped into by a brother or sister. 

I had had enough of the drama and decided to let him know as I rushed around the kitchen, "Liam, that's enough.  You bumped your mouth with the car.  It's no big deal.  It's not like your bleeding..."  It's at that point I look down and realize he was bleeding.  God shut my mouth up about that one.

Thankfully, he is not our drama king when it comes to blood (just pain...I have no clue where they get this pain drama from), a wet paper towel and a covert attempt to put a bandaid on a split lip (his attempt not mine...I do have a college degree people) and he was all better.  He did have to relay the drama to daddy and I had to admit my pride in not seeing to the wounded immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment