The "I" Word is Forbidden

We're about 16 weeks out from my due date and I thought I'd share what I've told Mark and will tell Dr. J when we get a little closer...the "I" word will not be spoken this time.  By "I," I mean induction.  Of my past five pregnancies, I have been induced for all of them.  Two of them, were necessary by my standards (Zoe was low fluid...I mean a trickle when he broke my water and I had PUPPS (WARNING:  There's a graphic picture of what PUPPS looks like on this link) with Josiah...he was only a week early anyway...and he was BIG).  The others were logistical conveniences for us and our kids. 

I would really prefer to wait on God to prepare and have little Bryant come when he's ready.  And so, early on, I told Mark that an induction would not be up for discussion unless I deem it necessary. i.e. I get PUPPS again. 

I get so jealous of friends who say they woke up and their water broke and they went to the hospital.  I would love to experience that for once.  And since we are uncertain if God will bless us with more children (who will grow in my belly), then I want this to be the time.

And yes, I do not want an epidural again if I don't need it (meaning, if I don't have to have a c-section).

So, for prayers:

1.  I don't get PUPPS.  It is soooo uncomfortable and painful.  And while Dr. J doesn't believe the statistics, info/research on the web shows it is more likely to be present in women who are carrying boys.  I had it with Josiah but did not get it with Ceili Rain.
2.  That I am able to go into labor (at term) on my own and that I'll know what's going on.
3.  If I do go into labor, that the kids will have someone to stay with them/somewhere to go.  One set of our three friends (that don't mind us imposing on them with lots of little children) is deserting us because the US Army said go.  That leaves two other friends with small children who we may have to inconvenience until grandparents can arrive.
4.  Mr. Bryant cooperates, turns and does all he's supposed to do so that I can have an epidural-free (and drug-free...they gave me something for pain after birth, at my approval, and I couldn't hold my head up for an hour...it was horrible) labor and delivery (for a cheap and quick recovery) without the need of a c-section.
5.  That I can wait and have others who are supportive and encouraging as we wait.

1 comment: