Traveling with a Bunch of Kids




So, I gave the stats for our trip to Houston.  I still can't believe we drove that many miles with five kids.  Fortunately, we had some great help as Grandmere traveled with us.  And here, now begins the barrage of photos from our trip.  We traveled to Houston to celebrate the wedding of my best friend from high school.  I was ecstatic that she was getting married and on my birthday no less..this trip was a bit of a birthday gift to me that I was able to enjoy with the whole family.

After leaving Aunt & Uncle B's place we started towards Houston.  We stopped about every two hours to walk around and potty (and get wiggles out).  As we were traveling towards Baton Rouge, I was at the wheel and looked over and saw a park.  We were approaching the two hour mark so we decided to pull over and get a break.  It was a beautiful park with lots of pretty birds...


These may look harmless but when we got out of the car, they started to come towards us...and when we walked away they walked faster towards us.  Mark quacked them away...my hero.



Watching the birds! Yes, Josiah has no shoes.  At some point we lost one of his shoes and had to make a quick (cheap) purchase in Houston.



Watching the birds some more.

 



Getting some sibling love

 








Houston or Bust!  Liam thought he'd try and walk there.  Through the water.  In his new tennis shoes.  Poor kid got them soaking wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment