Aha!


This week, I've been busy, as I said before, implementing ChorePacks. I really want to write more about those and how it's worked (let's just say lifesaver!) but have to find the time (maybe this weekend) to do so...But, I wanted to share an idea I came up with and implemented as well. Ace is a typical boy/kindergartner and therefore, has trouble focusing on what he is doing. And Zoe, well, Zoe's a smarty and when I'm working with Ace or a little with Liam, Miss Firstborn just has to chime in with the answer. So, I grabbed these "tri-fold display boards" when I ran to the craft store last weekend and made this:There are five pockets on the boards that hold each days work. That way, if they want to work ahead, they can. The pockets are made of 12X12 scrapbook paper that was folded then taped onto the board. Although Ace's is having a hard time staying on so we may have glue them on. On Zoe's, I also laminated paper that I taped to the front of each pocket. That gives my firstborn (overachiever) her "to do" list for each day including her reading lessons.

This has been awesome to say the least. Ace really has benefited from it. Although he can still be distracted, it doesn't happen quite as much. Now, I need to call these things something...right now, I just say, "Grab your divider, thingy, pocket, holder..." Any suggestions?



Not a bad deal for $4 each!!

No comments:

Post a Comment