Malachi is 2 Months Old

I've been trying to post this for two days now!  Every time I sit down something calls me away.  Mainly, answering questions as the kids finish up their projects for the end of year project display with our homeschool care group.  Besides that, there's recovering from vacation last week (which was awesome...and I will post about that later too).

Anyway, Malachi turned two months old on the 9th.  I can't believe how big he's gotten and how old he's gotten at the blink of an eye.  I do believe it goes by faster the more we have!

He had his well baby check and is growing great.  He even cooed at Dr. B and smiled for our favorite nurse (because her shots are fast and don't seem to hurt as much, oh, and she also knows all our kids by sight/name) M.

Here's his stats:
13 lbs.  4 oz (84%)
24 1/2 inches (93%)
16 2/8 inches (81%)

I thought his head was much bigger than that.  It seems so heavy.  Well, it could also be that it seems heavy after I've punished my body by exercising.  That's usually when I can't really lift my arms up past my waist...no kidding.

Anyway, he's tracking right on with all the other two month old kids we've had.  Josiah seems to be winning the race for the biggest two month old.  Malachi falls in third place if you really must know how he's tracking (Bryant in second).  Either way, this kid eats well so I'm not worried about his growth.

He also sleeps really well.  At night.  Don't ask about the daytime.  Usually nurses around 9 or 9:30 and doesn't get up until 6 or later the next morning.  He has had some occasional growth spurts where he gets up at 4 or 5 but still...that's seven or more hours every night.  Yes, I'm totally thrilled.  I have done my fair share of late night screaming fests...we just have had a bit of a respite with the last four.  And we are so grateful.  Now, if I could just get to bed early, then I might have a decent rest too...but that's my fault.

How adorable is he!?! 

And as far as my recovery from the c-section.  It's going really well.  I've really felt good and my energy level is up and up.  My scar is healing fine and I've not had any other complications from it.

I'm determined to get in to shape in 9 months or less.  That means down to my original clothing size before Ceili Rain...which is about where I was when I got married.  So, to accomplish this, I started exercising about three weeks ago.  I'm using T-tapp and I love it.  My legs and arms and now stomach are a bit shaky after I finish a workout but my muscles are trying to get used to being used.  My goal is to exercise every other day with T-tapp basic and the walking dvd and then bike on the weekends (mainly as a reward...I just can't drive myself to running...but if I'm being chased...well, a run is in order).  I'm slowly getting into that routine.  I'm enjoying it and slowly starting to see changes besides the shaky arms and legs.  I'll write more about t-tapp later, but for now, I attribute that program to helping keep my blood sugar levels in check during my pregnancy with Malachi.

No comments:

Post a Comment