Skating and Tubing

I did get to venture out to do activities two days.  On Monday, I went snowboarding...okay, well, let's just say I took a lesson.  The only way I could stop was to fall down so I stayed on the bunny slope and since I didn't have any ski pants/or ski bib, my rear was numb for hours (I'm talking hours) afterwards.  Then Friday, the day before we left, I got to go skating and tubing.  That was fun!  I'd never skated outdoors. 

And several of our kids had never skated at all.
But that didn't stop them from trying...
And falling...

And trying some more...
Ace got really good before we left.  I was proud of how hard he tried.  He fell pretty hard a few times too but he got right back up and tried again.  Josiah was more interested in building a snow castle for a long while.  I was so glad we didn't have to pay for him to skate!

 Let me just say that snow tubing is a blast and is really physically demanding.  My arms were sore for three days after we went.  But it was so worth it!
 Yes, this is me.
 And this is Papa!
 Zoe...she flipped her tube once, laughed, got back up and went again.  She thought that was really cool.
Even Grandmere tried it out.

I missed posting pictures of J, O, and G going but they were with us and had a great time too.  We were able to race down some of the runs.
At the end of the day, it's all about chillin' and relaxin' dude.  I took a breather for a few minutes and watched Zoe and my nieces and nephews go.   If only I had a video of me trying to get up out of that knee high snow drift.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone looks like they had so much fun! None of us have ever been in that much snow. IT would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete