Cooking Challenge: Butternut Squash

I'm not sure what possessed me, but I got a wild hair and decided to serve butternut squash soup and great northern beans for supper one day in November.  What spurned me, was that I had a butternut squash from  our organic produce basket and beans from a math lesson.

Personally, I thought it was awesome.  The review of the kids and Mark was not so much in favor of it.  I felt so bad, that we ordered pizza for them.  They all tried it and just could not choke it down (Zoe and Ceili Rain both gagged on the soup).

I do believe I'll make it again though (if only to torture the kids) but as a side dish and not a full meal.

I used the Quick Butternut Squash Soup recipe from food.com (which was Recipezaar when last I shared a Cooking Challenge).

There should be more Cooking Challenges coming because we are getting our baskets more frequently.  So stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment