Ceili Rain's Six Month!

Well, she's pushing seven months, but I just took her in today.

Let me start off by saying, last night was a rough night. She woke up four hours into her sleep after fighting to go to sleep in the first place and cried a lot. She finally slept after I nursed her but still not as soundly as she usually does.

So I took her in. Got her stats. And found out she has an ear infection! I'm guessing she's had it since Wednesday when I noticed she had found her hair on her left side and was tugging at it. We thought it was quite cute but because she has no runny nose, fever, or any other problems, I didn't think much of it. Then yesterday she was really irritable and started this really loud yell that she held out. I'm guessing, that too, was from the infection. So, now she's on antibiotics and we're praying she sleeps better. And, now we'll know what to look for!

Moving on...stats:
15 lbs. 1 oz (40%)
26 inches length (60%)...although, like I told a friend, I'm guessing that might be a little short, she was wiggling and playing and twisting while the nurse tried to measure her
17 inches head (70%)

She continues to grow...is sitting up and eats twice a day...pretty much anything we shovel in her mouth. Still nursing great and sleeping like a pro (with the exception of last night and then she had a great excuse). Could not ask for a better baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment