And we're off

and, so far, in one piece. This week I've been to the doctor twice and Wal-Mart twice. Not too bad. I wasn't anticipating the doctor trips but I overestimated the Wal-Mart trips.

I took Josiah in to the doctor on Tuesday for congestion. Turns out he's got an ear infection.

Somehow, Ceili Rain gouged or had her eye gouged and has a big scratch on the side of her eyeball (no where near effecting the vision...she hasn't even acted like it bothered her...tough being the fifth kid). This happened Thursday and as the day progressed it began to look worse and I just didn't feel I could wait until Friday(per the doctor's orders) to take her in. So we trekked it to after hours. By God's providence, there were very little actual sick children in the office. The doctor looked at her eye for five minutes and then told me his story about travel ordeals while going to Ireland...very interesting and made me want to go (but not use the airline he had used). So, she came home with an eye antibiotic. I'm very grateful that the cut wasn't close to the cornea or pupil. I can't really say when she did it or had it done to her (by a sibling who can't say that he actually did it because he's two and doesn't talk much, is this a run on sentence? Are you cringing mom?). If I can get her to turn her head, I'll post a picture for all those who like gruesome pictures!

And, I forgot to mention that Liam climbed onto the changing table, got down scissors I use to cut up wipes, and proceeded to chop up things in Zoe's room...with the help of Ace. They didn't get big things like clothes (except some ribbons for one of Zoe's dresses) or bedspreads or curtains. This was while trying to get Zoe taught up before leaving. Mama was not happy!

All that to say, with antibiotics, tylenol, motrin, thermometer and what ever other drugs we can squeeze into our overstuffed van, we're off! Oh, and no scissors thankyouverymuch.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I am visiting from the links at Mama Bzz. I'm glad her eye was ok! Sounds like you're really busy, lol!

    ReplyDelete