Sometimes Life is Boring...

and a lot of times it's not. I've been trying to think of what to blog on here, as life as just been crazy and so weird normal. Monday, that all changed.

Let's start at the beginning shall we?? I have been involved with a small group study of a book called Creative Counterpart by Linda Dillow. The book's been around for over 30 years, but it's probably one of the best books I've read about being a wife. Our wonderful leader gave us an assignment to be done before our last meeting. We needed to plan a romantic date for our spouse. No problem, if my nursing/hormonal/post pregnancy brain still wasn't in full effect. So, I spent two weeks trying to figure out what to do when I didn't want to do anything "romantic (thanks to nursing)." I finally figured out what I wanted to do...ice skating...but because of our crazy schedule, I didn't get it finalized to do until Monday.

So here's how I wanted to do it:
Get Mark to come home early and meet me at a designated place to go to the ice rink...from 4 to 6. Eat really bad ice rink supper and then head to the house to feed Ceili Rain. Leave out and head to a coffee shop to sit, talk, and visit. Back home early to put kids in bed and, well, you know.

I texted Mark that morning, "Roses are red, Violets are blue, I've got a special surprise for you." Don't you love my poetry! So original...I digress. Anyways, when he got it around lunch time (fortunately he checked his phone then)...he pondered what was going on. I didn't tell him anything. It was later on the date that he told me he thought I was either pregnant or we had gotten a referral for a child. He hadn't even suspected a date. Shows how much I needed to do this and how much this book has helped us.

So, my friend, Tracy, came over to watch the kids. I was nursing Ceili Rain when she came (so far my plan was going good...and on schedule). I finished feeding Ceili Rain and was propping her up on my lap while Tracy and I finished our conversation on marriage when Ceili Rain grunted. And then exploded. Out of the diaper. And on to my jeans. Now, because my baby belly is being stubborn, I can only wear one pair of jeans comfortably. And that was them. And now they were completely covered in baby poop. I mean completely. I started to cry knowing the date was going to be different than planned. Then I just had to start laughing. I handed Ceili Rain off to Tracy who held her out and carried her to the changing table. I went to my room and changed, washed off, and called Mark.

We made it out but not ice skating. We went to the movies and enjoyed over buttered popcorn and a large drink. After we got the kids in bed, we ordered Steak Out and just visited. A great night (not sure how romantic though)...even if I got pooped on.

No comments:

Post a Comment