It's Potty Time...maybe

Yesterday morning, I was changing Josiah's diaper and Liam came up to me and said, "potty" in his language and headed to the bathroom. I wasn't quite sure what he had said, so I was about to get on to him for going into the bathroom by himself when I realized what he said. I went in there with him and helped him with his clothes and he went potty! As a reward, I allowed him to put toilet paper in the potty and flush it...what can I say...cheap thrills!

I really don't have time right now to devote to working solely on potty training but we'll try when we get a break in October and see how it goes. By try, I mean I'll put him in training pants and see what happens.

No big rush since we use cloth. Although, I have to admit I would really enjoy just having to keep up with one set of diapers and diaper changing times...and cleaning poopy up from diapers would be nice to narrow down to one breastfed poop...

While I'm on the subject of diapers and bodily functions...I have never met a gassier baby than Josiah. Except now there are like three of them in church nursery. And don't think that just because his poopy doesn't stink his gas doesn't...it does...bad...to the point of passing out. I'm very serious about this. When I remarked to him that his gas stinks works than his daddy's, he got a big open mouth grin on his face and tried to laugh. I can only imagine what the nursery at church would smell like if all three of these babies started going at once! Ughhhh! Not only that, at ballet today he "passed gas" and one of the other moms thought her baby had a dirty diaper and she was a good bit away from us. Yes, it's that bad! At least he's not holding it in and getting crampy.

No comments:

Post a Comment