Plan of Action and Ace Update

First off, Ace is doing good. No fever today. Definitely a viral thing but I'm glad we took him in and Liam in when we did...especially Liam with his ears! We're waiting on Zoe or Mark or I to catch it.

Here is our plan of action on baby birthing thus far...we'll go in on Thursday and if there is still no change wait until the 26th to go in and get checked again. If there is still no change, then we'll wait until the doctor gets back into town (he's leaving on the 29th and will be back at work on the July 5th). Two weeks should give my cervix plenty of time to do something. If I've dilated two to 3 cm, I don't mind looking at an induction as it would be pretty quick to get me started. However, being induced when I'm only 1 cm and not overdue seems a little bit to be jumping the gun.

I'm not so much fearful about having the baby and getting kids situated as I am impatient and highly uncomfortable. Both reasons, God has shown me are not justifiable in being induced this week. I keep repeating that I need to persevere.

I keep repeating James 1:2-4: Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

While this isn't a trial it does feel like a test for me to see if I can allow God to fill me with the patience I need to have a safe and healthy delivery.

Also, I am looking at this time as an opportunity to spend time with my kids before being consumed with all the newborn needs.

So, please pray for us as we "endure" this waiting time!

1 comment:

  1. What a hard place to be!! Those last few weeks are rarely fun for anyone, right?! I think you have a great plan in place. :) Hang in there, and I'll be praying for you!